Fairfield County NEMBA Bike Swap
Fairfield County's chapter of the New England Mountain Bike Association will hold a bike swap in partnership with BETA Climbing and Fitness located at 45 Harbor Drive in Stamford from 3pm - 6pm.
What is a bike swap? A bike swap is an event where anyone can show up with bicycles, bicycle gear or equipment they wish to sell or trade, and connect with other cyclists who are looking to buy it.
What makes this one fantastic? Fairfield county has great community of cyclists who range across all ages and abilities - there is sure to be someone to buy what you have, sell you what you need or chat cycling with. Aside from cyclists from around the area, who are fun and have great gear to sell, there will be food and drink (beer and soft-drinks) as well as the ability to try indoor rock climbing at one of the East Coast's premiere new facilities.
• The swap is in the large covered parking area just off the main registration desk. It is a nice place rain or shine.
• There is plenty of parking.
• Aside from the swap area, the Mezzanine/sponsor lounge area overlooking the main climbing gym will have sponsors, beer and food.
. You can talk cycling while you watch people climb, climb while people talk cycling, eat or just hang out.
• Any and all riders, friends, or anyone you can think of, who want to bring bike stuff to swap are more than welcome.
• Show up a bit earlier to lay out your wares, somewhere between 2-3.
• If you want to climb there are insurance waivers to be signed, and a brief safety video, but it'll be an easy process. If you need gear, Beta is discounting a day pass and rentals for only $20 for this event. iIportant to note: you may not climb once you've had a beer. Read more about FC NEMBA Bike Swap