Returning for the 2017 season, GBNEMBA is hosting a Monday night ride designed specifically for new and novice MTB'rs.
Come learn the basic skills to ride singletrack! We will be teaching bike handling, shifting, body position, basic trail skills and basic trailside bike maintenance in a relaxed and supportive setting.
What to bring:
1. Bike with fat tires (2" or over)
2. Helmet (required)
3. Shoes suitable for riding your bike (no sandals, flip-flops or other open-toed shoes)
Instruction will be by GBNEMBA's experienced Ride Guides in a supportive, fun environment.
Ride format will *always* be no-drop, very casual pace (Note: this is not a recovery or rest ride for your experienced MTBrs - this is an instructional ride format for new riders). We'll have plenty of opportunity to practice what we learn as we go along! Please be ready to ride by 6:00pm, ride will leave the lot by 6:15pm.
Remember to always be an ambassador for our sport! Best practices include:
- Slow down when you see other riders, hikers, or animals.
- Pass other trail users at about their speed - be courteous and talk to them
- Ride through the center of a mud patch or puddle, NOT around it.
- Ride over an obstacle, NOT around it.
- If you can't ride over an obstacle, get off and walk it - stay on the trail.
- Do not make new routes or trails.
- Do not build stunts.
- Do not skid, spin out, or fishtail - uphill nor downhill.
- Always offer to yield the right of way.
- Be friendly - say hi to other trail users!