Wednesday, April 26, 2017
GBNEMBA's 2017 weekly ride series has started, weather and conditions permitting. Come ride with us!
- Monday Night Beginner/Novices ride at Beaver Brook North on Lexington/Waltham. This series is aimed at *new* MTB'rs with little or no experience riding singletrack.
- Wednesday Night Social Ride at the Fells. Open to all - no drop, multiple groups (Mellow, Intermediate, Advanced)- social and fun!
- Thursday Night Social Ride at the Landlocked Forest. Open to all - no drop, multiple groups (Mellow, Intermediate, Advanced)- social and fun!
All of the adult rides start time is 6:00pm and rides go out by 6:15pm. Please be prompt and ready to go. All rides require helmets. Rain policy: drizzle/passing showers/light rain won't cancel the ride. Steady rain and/or thunder & lighting will cancel. If the weather is questionable, look for information on the GB Rides Facebook page or contact the ride leader.
Check out our Monthly Calendar for all of our upcoming events, rides and chapter meetings.
Always be an ambassador for our sport! Best practices include:
- Slow down when you see other riders, hikers, or animals.
- Pass other trail users at about their speed - be courteous and talk to them
- Ride through the center of a mud patch or puddle, NOT around it.
- Ride over an obstacle, NOT around it.
- If you can't ride over an obstacle, get off and walk it - stay on the trail.
- Do not make new routes or trails.
- Do not build stunts.
- Do not skid, spin out, or fishtail - uphill nor downhill.
- Always offer to yield the right of way.
- Be friendly - say hi to other trail users!